Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast

Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast
H.E.L.P Podcast Page

Friday, May 23, 2014

#FitnessFriday - My Real Look Into Fast Food

In my previous blog, I spoke about how I got another job with a crazy schedule. That job was at Rally's as an Assistant Manager. Well I am now not working there (LOL) because I received a call from the Walmart Distribution Center and they wanted me to take their Physical Abilities Test (PAT) for a job. So I went and took the test and I passed it. Now back story on this PAT:  I had previously taken the test and did not pass it last year. I was pretty mad about that because I was in great physical shape. Anyway the Distribution Center is where my husband also works. He makes really good money and I would like to be able to make the same amount, so I waited 6 months and started applying again. Of course they didn't call me until I had started a new job right? Exactly! Of course I quit Rally's and am now going to be starting there. The job is very physically demanding so I know I will be getting my strength training done three days a week while I work. Did I mention the hours are only 14 hour days Friday through Sunday? Yea I love that too, because I can be home with my girls all week. 

I always understood that fast food was bad for you, so this isn't a story about me finding out that it was bad for you. I am just going to reiterate just how bad it is for you. You never really know until you see it first hand. Not only is the food greasy, but it isn't always the best food physically. Some of the food is old and not always fresh. I had to wash my face and shower every day! I am currently nursing a sty on my eye from all the grease. The food prep was only halfway done properly most of the time. It wasn't that people weren't washing their hands or not using gloves, but they weren't holding with proper hold times on food to save money on food cost. So sometimes the food was held all day if it wasn't ordered right away and the fries and fried food was just constantly refried in more grease when it was ordered. Lettuce, onions, and tomatoes were out all day so it was never fresh unless you got there right when the restaurant opened. When I watched the fryers being broken down and cleaned, there was all of this built up grease and breading from the fries and chicken from just one day!! It made me think of what it does to your body. That stuff just builds up in your body the same way. You can't take your body apart and clean it out like the fryers can. So what happens when you eat that food all the time?? I should have taken a picture of it. Fast food is so dangerous! I was only working there a week and a half and my body is broken out from just being in the environment. Please just think of what you are consuming the next time you decide to choose fast food as a place for your next meal. I understand that you cannot always avoid it but you can sure try!

The next episode of HELP should be up in the next day or so. I did an interview with Grant Stieglitz who ran the Boston Marathon this year and last year. He has also done 28 other marathons. He is very dedicated and positive! I enjoyed the interview and learning what motivates him to keep up his training. Please listen to it and let me know what you think! For the next episode, I am trying to get another guest interview that I am really excited about. So definitely look forward to the next episode! 

<3
Ang


 photo FitnessFriday_zps15d519f6.jpg
Co-Hosts:

Chandra Sullivan: Spark Your Motivation
Danielle Nabozny:  Lipgloss and Yoga Pants
Lisa Belanger:  Inspire Me Well
Maryann Mitchell:  It's Not Food, It's Me
Wendi Barker:  Wendi's Book Corner
Lacey Baker:  Live, Laugh, Love, Lacey

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! I used to work for Wal-Mart. I was a department manager at one of their Super Centers. Have a great weekend and don't forget to link up on my site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Be sure to listen to the Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, and Blubrry!