Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast

Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast
H.E.L.P Podcast Page

Sunday, December 28, 2014

New Years Resolutions: Getting back into running and getting down to my original goal weight

As you know, I have dropped off of my blogging since July. I had to stop running due to my crazy schedule with the new job. I never stopped working out. I just had to quit the things I loved to do because my work schedule wouldn't allow it. Now I actually quit my job due to not enjoying the work and I wanted something that fulfills my goals in life. I have time to work on myself again. I will be getting back in touch with my goals again. I have started doing Les Mills Combat. It is this AMAZING Martial Arts program. Because Les Mills and Beachbody aren't going to collaborate anymore, the programs are extremely cheap right now. So if you like that kind of workout, definitely look into it! (www.beachbody.com/fitpersonified) So now it is New Years and I need to get my goals together for this new year. So here are my goals:

  1. Continue Les Mills Combat
  2. Get down to my goal weight of 150.
    • I made a pledge to start eating cleaner by getting rid of processed foods with a 14 week process (http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/2014/12/22/cut-processed-food-14-weeks/) 
  3. Start running and training for one of the Fort for Fitness races
My biggest goal would be to get my eating on par and actually see if I can get down to 150 lbs. This has always been my biggest challenge. I LOVE to eat. I LOVE cookies, cakes, fried foods, etc. I don't eat them all the time, but I will have to completely cut them out in order to get down to my goal weight. So I made the pledge to cut out processed foods and start eating fresh foods. I know I won't completely get rid of all processed foods but within reason. With that, I would hopefully get the last 20 lbs off.

My running has completely suffered. I miss it so much! I want to start running again to get my endurance back up, then start training for one of the Fort for Fitness races. I know my friend Chandra will be training for their Triple Crown race (10K followed by a half marathon followed by a 4 mile). I am not sure if I can physically do it, but I may see if I can. I know she will be training for it so I know that she will kick my butt in gear. I was training for the half marathon last year and almost made it completely until I got the new job. I am excited to get back into it. My treadmill has been looking really lonely sitting in my living room!

Chandra and I have started recording our podcast every week on Wednesdays at 6 pm EST. If you want to join us for a recording, you can give us your Skype name and we will call you. You can always send us your questions! We will answer them on the next recording. We also do reviews for health and fitness products so if you want to get your business out there, we can advertise for free by reviewing the product. You can find the podcast on iTunes and Stitcher. 

We are starting a new years challenge in our Fitness with Friends group. It is a Love Yourself challenge which will help you reconnect with yourself and help you make effective resolutions that you will actually accomplish this year. There will be weekly prizes and a grand prize at the end of the challenge. It is free so what do you have to lose? If you would like to join us, get ahold of me on Facebook (www.facebook.com/angela.barnets). 

Thank you for baring with me these last few months and here's to a fresh start!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Be sure to listen to the Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, and Blubrry!