Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast

Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast
H.E.L.P Podcast Page

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Running Goal for the Year and a Possible Juice Cleanse

I decided that since I was going to get my running back on track this year, I should have a goal. So Since I ran just over 200 miles last year, I should do 400 miles this year. It's pretty doable with just 8 miles a week. I know I was running more than that when I was training before. I think that goal will be beaten! Wish me luck!

I was watching a documentary this weekend called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." It is about a man that is over weight and gets sick from it. He spoke to his doctors and they told him to get healthy as soon as he could. He spoke with them about doing a juice cleanse. The doctors approved him to do so. He embarked on a 60 day juice cleanse. He would have nothing but juice for 60 days! He lost a ton of weight from it and got extremely healthy. It got me thinking about wanting to try the cleanse. I wouldn't do it for 60 days, but maybe for 10 days or even 5 days. I looked up some info on it and found alot of great recipes and ways of doing it. The reason I want to try it is because I don't feel like I will be able to clean up my eating any other way unless I completely cleanse my palate. I have to make myself get rid of all the bad things and only eat the micronutrients that come from the cleanse. Plus I think it may help with my MS and get my body back under control. I just constantly feel bloated and fat. I've gained weight since the holidays and this would help me get my body back on track. Here are some links that I found helpful for the juice cleanse:

  • http://www.rawjuicecleanserecipes.com/
  • http://whatsgabycooking.com/juice-cleanse-2/#.VKs6JCvF_kI
  • http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-a-Juice-Fast
What do you think about doing a cleanse? Would you try it? How long would you do it for?

Have a good week everyone!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Be sure to listen to the Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, and Blubrry!