Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast

Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast
H.E.L.P Podcast Page

Friday, February 14, 2014

Late Edition of Fitness Friday: Listening to your body and excuses

One of the best things I can say while you are on your weight loss journey is to listen to your body and learn from that. If you are feeling overly tired or extremely sore then maybe take it a little easier that day on the workout or even taking a rest day. Now when I say overly tired or extremely sore, I mean where you seriously feel run down. Not just: Oh my foot hurts so darn I cannot workout today.That is just an excuse because you aren't actually tired. You are just feeling lazy and don't want to get up and do a workout. I know how that feels! I get that way alot but I push through that and get it done. You would be surprised how fast it goes when you start exercising. When you genuinely feel like it warrants a rest day then you are taking care of your body and the next day you make up for the lost time. When you are in tune with your body and listen when it tells you that it is tired, it will prevent possible injury. You do not want to injure your body and cause you to have to take weeks off. That will just prolong your journey for no good reason. Tonight after the long day and long 8 mile run yesterday, I cannot keep my eyes open for the life of me! So I am choosing to go to bed after I write this blog. Since I took the day off today, I will double up tomorrow and knock today's workout and run out so I am not behind on my workout schedule. 

You also want to listen to your body when it comes to eating. So you are not eating too much or just eating when you are bored. I get what I call the munchies alot. No it's not because I just got done smoking a joint LoL.... I really get these cravings for crunchy or snackey foods and I just want to munch because my mouth is bored. It's really strange, but it happens. I see it in kids too. They don't want to eat in between meals because they are hungry sometimes, they want to snack because they see someone else have it or they just like to chew to have something to do. Mine do it. So you have to sit down and actually think while you eat. Do I really want to eat? Do I need to have this much? Am I full yet? I know that I grew up having to clean my plate or you got in trouble. So now I clean my plate and most of the time I am beyond the full point by then. I shouldn't do that. I should stop when I feel full and save the rest for another meal. That's the main reason that they say to not eat in front of the television. You will blindly eat and eat, because you are not paying attention to how much you are eating. I takes alot of focus and prectice but it's a great technique to learn. 

Once you learn what your body is telling you then you can tune into yourself more and lose more weight. You will know when you are really in need of a rest day or just making excuses because you just don't feel like it. That's the next thing you need to overcome. You need to learn how to assert dominance over that lazy part of you and say no, we need to get this workout in! You will also be able to say no to foods that you really don't need or even want to eat. You just wanted to chew on something.

I am going to leave you guys on a short one tonight, but I know we will be doing another podcast next week about body image. So if you have anything you want us to cover on that subject please contact me via the Facebook or Twitter pages or just comment below!

<3

Angela

Links:

Podcast:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/HealthyEverydayLifestylePodcast
(Also on iTunes, Stitcher, and Blubrry)

BeachBody:  www.beachbodycoach.com/fitpersonified

Facebook: www.facebook.com/healthy.everyday.lifestyle.podcast

Twitter:  @HELPPodcast

Fitness Friday Link:  http://www.thehealthymoms.net

Chandra Sullivan
Spark Your Motivation
http://www.sparkyourmotivation.com/the-blog.html

Tere Scott
Teachable Scott Tots Homeschool
teachablescottstotshomeschool.blogspot.com

Danielle Nabozny
Lip Gloss and Yoga Pants
lipglossandyogapants.blogspot.com

Lisa Belanger
Inspire Me Well
inspiremewell.com

Maryann Mitchell
It's Not Food, It's Me
fattink.blog.com

Angela Barnets
Fit Personified
fitpersonified.blogspot.com

Wendi Barker
Wendi's Book Corner
wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com

Lacey Baker
Love Lacey 365

lovelacey365.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Great tips! I HAVE to get used to only eating when I'm hungry. I know that would make a huge difference in my progress! I recently started a "Shaping Up For Summer" link-up, which will run every Saturday through May, and I would LOVE it if you wanted to link up your fitness posts. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, you made some great points here! I agree that you must listen to your body. I also believe that it is important to take rest days. Your body needs to rest in order for your muscles to recover from the previous work out.

    Like your kids mine sometimes eat if they are bored. It is so hard to convince them to wait and do something other than eating if they are bored. We also do not allow eating in the living room in front of the television.

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Be sure to listen to the Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, and Blubrry!