Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast

Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast
H.E.L.P Podcast Page

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Sick Week :(

Ok so this week I got some sort of stomach bug where I couldn't do anything except be in the bathroom ALOT. Don't worry I will spare you those gruesome details. I couldn't eat much and all I could do for most of the week was sit around feeling sorry for myself. I went to the doctor and they gave me an antibiotic for diverticulitis and BAM I am back! In this blog I am going to give you details on what to do when you get sick. When should you exercise and when should you just stop and wait until you get better? 

When should you power through?

The general rule is that if your symptoms are above the neck (ie runny nose, a sore throat, nasal congestion, sneezing, and tearing eyes) then it's ok to workout. You can take some cold medicine and usually continue your workout. People usually feel worse because they are not doing what they normally do and just sitting around moping because they are sick. Plus the endorphin rush can actually make you feel better. It helps with nasal congestion and will actually help get rid of headaches. 

When should you sit this one out?

Now if it is below the neck like I had this week then you should sit it out (coughing, body aches, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, fever). Exercising raises the body temp so if you have a fever and you exercise, it is dangerous. Plus who wants to exercise with nausea and vomiting? 

It's going to be hard for me to catch up on what I missed so I have decided to just double up on some P90X3 exercises today and continue running where it is on the schedule tomorrow. I wanted to be able to give my review on some of the exercises in the program so far but I have only done two of them:  Total Synergistics and Yoga X3. Those two have shown me that I am not very balanced! I need to work on that along with flexibility. Next week I will be able to review them for you! I am excited to get back to business. I actually lost 6 lbs this week but that is because I could barely eat and my body rejected pretty much everything I ate. Not the most fun way to lose weight in a week. So I will be going back to the normal way! I just wanted to check in with you even though I didn't get to do what I intended this week. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy week!

<3

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Be sure to listen to the Healthy Everyday Lifestyle Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, and Blubrry!